Friday, August 5, 2016

Toyota RAV4 EV

Time for another post, here it is:

The Toyota RAV4 EV

(credit: www.autoblog.com)
This is a post requested by Stephen Buck. The RAV4 EV is an electric vehicle. This creates a  problem, after driving 113 miles, you need to charge it up, which takes about 5 hours. I live in an undisclosed town about that distance from Portland, Maine. Now, Portland is a fine place, but I would not like to be stranded there.  So, If I want to go any further than Portland, I need to wait 5 hours. You could imagine that this would be slightly inconvenient. The RAV4 EV is also a crossover, If you haven't read it, this is my opinion about crossovers: http://badpopularcars.blogspot.com/. Being electric also makes it extremely heavy. The normal Rav4 weighs 3455 pounds, the EV weighs 4032 pounds. Another issue is that if you need fuel in a regular car that runs on gas or diesel, any small town has a gas station, but only major cites have the special chargers needed to charge electric vehicles. What if I am in the middle of  a rural area running out of charge? Life is stressful enough, why do you need to worry about that? It carries 5 of your friends (disclaimer: the friend you get to sit between two adults in the tiny middle seat will no longer be your friend anymore. This may be a good seat for the girl you want to break up with, but don't have the nerve to do it.)

Do you have any thoughts about cars? What drives you crazy? I welcome all respectful comments so keep it clean!

Bi-weekly posts, so stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. I need all of the friends I have! How about the benefits of less co2 emissions? Is the electricity generated by coal? Does this even things out? I don't know. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. Why doesn't everyone drive a turbocharged car, that way you can get the same power, just with less emissions.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, good point. How about a suggestion for a new blog. I lurve the Super B. I would very much like to own one! A blog would be great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too! I will definitely do it for my next special!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait. Many people don't know the Super B! Such a great car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think drive-a-bit, charge-a-bit is a good approach till they invent mini nuclear fusion cells for "electric" cars. That would be electric for sur.

    Cross overs AND electric? Yuck!

    I agree about worrying about electric chargers. Do you think we can lobby Congress to have an electric charging station in every gas station, or your license to operate is revoke?

    LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty good idea actually! Gas stations may not do so already because it is very costly.

      Delete
  5. I owned one for 5 years and drove it every day, and charged every 3-4 days and it cost about 35 cents a refill. Never noticed it on my electric bill. Sure it isn't for road tripping but the high torque let me hold my ground stoplight to stoplight. I went from Dallas to Fort Worth and back no problem. I got $5K from the Feds, and after 5 years and out of warranty I sold it to someone in the Netherlands and made 15K over what I paid for it originally.

    ReplyDelete

Use your freedom of speech!