Friday, September 30, 2016

Hyundai Veloster

Another blog post, here it is:
The Hyundai Veloster

(credit: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/veloster/)
OK, first things first, I am against this whole "liftback" body style. Readers of my blog will know that I strongly oppose the melding of two vehicles. However, the Veloster is a combination of (possibly) hatchback and what looks like fastback? The Veloster also has 4 doors. This is rather weird, because hatchbacks (for the remainder of this post, I will treat it as a hatchback, because it basically is) have an odd number of doors. This means that it only has a rear door on the right side. It also has "star trek doors (or in this case star trek door)" which I found out actually do have handles, at the very back of the window. For those of you who don't know, the slits underneath the lights are brake coolers. Because the people who buy the Veloster are the same people who drink strange new tofu drinks, shop on Etsy, and go exactly 65 miles per hour, (even in the left lane) they will not be doing any racing. Body color rims are a little flashy for my taste. These wheels overblows this, two tone body color rims are incredibly flashy, maybe even gaudy, especially when the body color parts go down the spokes. Does it really need 5-lug nut, hubcap-less wheels? It has some of the faux-sporty feel that the Nissan Juke has. I really wish it didn't have the sporty feel, because when you get into the car, you start thinking "ooooh, sporty!". Then, when you actually start it, and drive it, he Veloster's acceleration feels like you are in a radio-flyer wagon rolling down a gentle slope, pushed by a neighborhood child, because it has a 1.6 liter engine and 134 horsepower.

Do you have any thoughts about cars? What drives you crazy? I welcome any respectful comments so keep it clean!
One post on this blog, one post on A Good Popular Blog About Good Popular Cars (if possible) a week, so stay tuned!

13 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post yet! Your writing style is more enjoyable than ever. If only the bad cars were more enjoyable! A 4 door hatch back? Wtf??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like liftbacks either. 1.6L and 134 HP? The mother of all cars - I.e., great great great grand mother Ford-T would say 'Hmph!' bTW can you ask Penpie not to swear. It's a good clean blog and we want to keep it so.

    Keep writing dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! lol!! thinking of adding custom emoticons, what do you think?

      Delete
    2. I will not take sides in this. If it gets heated, I will take action, until then, I will be silent about this.

      Delete
    3. I did not mean to cause offense. Consider my wrist slapped! I would enjoy custom emoticons. My nephew says he will not use any that I do, because he will know that they are out of date! Lol

      Delete
    4. Hooray! if you download the chrome extension Chromoji, you can get custom emoticons!!
      πŸ˜„ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

      Delete
  3. I can't wait! it will be an improvement over my made-up and terribly 90's text talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromoji-emoji-for-google/cahedbegdkagmcjfolhdlechbkeaieki

      Delete
    2. πŸ˜»πŸš—πŸ˜ΈπŸ˜Έ

      Delete
  5. My tech non savy self thanks you

    ReplyDelete

Use your freedom of speech!